To power everything, calculate how much power all of the LED's draw. Each LED draws 60ma on full white brightness.
In this project I used 160 LED's which equates to 9.6 amps of power. Find a power supply unit that can handle at least 10 amps of power.
- Step 1: Solder wires to Arduino(VIN is positive, GND is negative) from DC Jack. This is for easy and adaptable powering.
- Step 2: Connect the main led game strip to VIN and GND of Arduino. Connect data line to Arduino pin 8
- Step 3: Connect player 1 score board to VIN and GND of Arduino. The data line connects to pin 10 of Arduino.
- Step 4: Repeat process for player 2. Connect data line to pin 9.
- Step 5: The last LED strip connects to VIN and GND for power. Data line is connected to pin 6
- Step 6: Connect player 1 push button to GND of Arduino and the other side to pin 3 of Arduino
- Step 7: Connect player 2 push button to GND of Arduino and the other side to pin 2 of Arduino
- Step 8: Bundle All of the wires into Wire Loom. This keeps the dangling wires safe. Afterward, hotglue the loom to the board