Three AA batteries in series will raise the voltage from 1.5 volts to 4.5 volts which is compatable for the 5v LEDs and ATTiny85. In this project I used 15 LED's
- Step 1: Print the desired casing and lid or use my pre built case here.
- Step 2: Use small metal plates/springs that can be found in battery cases and hotglue them to the edges to hold the batteries in place
- Step 3: Solder the ground metal plate to the ground of the ATTiny (pin 4), LED's and one side of the push button.
- Step 4: Solder wire from the last pin of the button to pin 0 on the ATTiny
- Step 5: Wire the positive metal plate to the first pin of the switch. The middle pin is then soldered to the 5v pin of the ATTiny (pin 8)
- Step 6: Connect the 5v on the LED strip to the 5v of the microcontroller.
- Step 7: Solder the DIN from the LED strip to pin 1 on the ATTiny